World Urban Parks Europe Region is partnering with Wirral Council for the World Urban Parks Europe Congress at Birkenhead Park in October 2017. There will be three strands to the presentations: Community, Sustainability and Heritage in the management of public parks.
The structure of the Congress will be as follows, and will include a trade show and floral show:
• Saturday 14 and Sunday 15 October (arrival and pre-tours)
• Monday 16 October (Congress meetings and workshops)
• Tuesday 17 October (Congress day 1)
• Wednesday 18 October (Congress day 2)
• Thursday 19 October (Congress day 3)
• Friday 20 and Saturday 21 (Post-congress technical tours)
Birkenhead Park is considered the first municipally funded urban park in the world and is celebrating its 170th anniversary. It is an appropriate venue for an international urban parks congress and is also of interest to large urban parks organisations.
More information on the venue can be found at www.facebook.com/BirkenheadPark.
More information on Wirral Council’s interesting parks and recreation opportunities can be found at the Wirral Council website.
Photo: Wirral Waters development project